Urad dal Khichdi is a special dish made of "Urad Dal" & servered with DESI Ghee. Specially made on Makar Sakranti day and entire MAGH month (normally after 15th Jan to 15th Feb) is the month for Khichdi and peoples visits each others and serve Khichdi during this month. If you are DESI lovers then definitely you will love this dish !
Ingredients for Urad Dal Khichdi:
- Rice - 1 cup
- Urad dal with skin - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 5 Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida - A pinch
- Other Spices – ½ teaspoon all
- Onion – 3
- Ginger – Small piece
- Garlic – 1
- Salt to taste
Method for Urad Dal Khichri:
- Clean dal and rice together with plenty of water.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add the entire listed ingredient in to the oil; wait until all the ingredient turn brown in colour.
- Then add rice and dal; mix properly so that all the ingredient mix well with rice and dal.
- Then add enough water to cover the rice and dal and 1/2 inch above it .
- Cook for at least 30 minutes or 2-3 whistles.
Enjoy hot with desi Ghee (Clarified Butter).
Leave your comments!